ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING WOLFIE'S MASCOT TEAM?
Would you like to be a part of Wolfie's Mascot Team, Stony Brook University's fun-loving collegiate mascot? Help represent Stony Brook University's acclaimed athletic and academic programs, both at home and on the road!
Since Wolfie's introduction in 1995, his lovable appearance, exuberance, and school spirit have endeared fans, children, and community members alike. Wolfie's involvement in SBU and public appearances makes him one of the most recognized mascots on Long Island.
Besides attending Seawolves athletic events and Stony Brook University campus events, Wolfie's wide range of appearances vary from appearing in the 2011 ESPN College Gameday commercial, to marching in the NYC Columbus Day parade, visits to MSG, attending Islanders games at the Nassau Coliseum and even riding the Port Jefferson Ferry!
The Stony Brook Department of Athletics is looking for highly energetic and motivated individuals to perform as Wolfie for the 2013-14 year. If you have a strong work ethic, lots of energy, and a friendly disposition, we'd love to meet you!
We are looking for people that can best entertain the crowd. You must be skilled in dancing, crowd involvement, and interacting with fans of all ages. Mascot experience is not required if you have other performance experience.
This position is part-time. Pay is $10 hour based on skill level. We are looking for a commitment for at least the full academic year (End of August-May: During the Football, Basketball and Lacrosse Seasons).
If interested please complete the online application form by clicking here. Tryout details will ensue. The audition will include you showing us the standard Wolfie "mannerisms" and anything you like, (ie. skit, dancing, special skills relevant for in-game entertainment...) no longer than two minutes.
For pictures, video, and more information about Wolfie visit:
Stony Brook University Seawolves Mascot - "Wolfie"
The Stony Brook Athletic Department is currently seeking part-time, seasonal mascots. This position reports directly to the Manager of Gameday Presentation & Marketing and Coordinator of Annual Giving and Branding and is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Attending the Stony Brook University band camp program. Band camp is held at the end of August each year prior to the start of the fall semester.
- Performing at all home football, men's and women's basketball, and select men's lacrosse games during the 2013-14 season.
- Performing at birthday parties, parades, festivals, campus events, etc on specified days during the week and on weekends throughout the year.
- Performing at off-site community appearances.
- Meet and greet fans prior to and after the game.
- Participate in pre-game and in-game promotions, including contests, photo ops, t-shirt toss, etc.
- Creating skits, dance routines, and other forms of mascot-related entertainment and crowd interaction. Perform choreographed cheer/dance routines with the SB Dance Team and Cheerleaders.
- Responsible for researching, creating props and costumes for the mascot.
- Responsible for mascot costume operations including creativity, care, cleaning, maintenance, etc.
- Some experience is preferred but not required.
- Due to costume restrictions, to play the role of Wolfie, candidate must be at least 5 feet, 10 inches and no more than 6 feet, 1 inch.
- Must be well organized and flexible to meet time, priority and workload demands.
- Ability to analyze and interpret common social expressions and clients’ needs or wants relating to the mascot.
- Punctuality is mandatory and available to work flexible hours including all home games, some nights and weekends (Must arrive one (1) hour prior to game time, in costume 1/2 hour prior to game start).
- Own transportation is preferred.
- Must be highly energetic and in good physical condition.
- Fan friendly and outgoing individual.
- Works well with children and other staff members at any events.
- Must be able to work in a costume.
*Anyone interested in applying for this position should complete the online application form or email Wolfie@stonybrook.edu