Feb. 28, 2014
Princeton, N.J. -
The Stony Brook women's tennis team's two-game winning streak came to an end with a 7-0 loss to Princeton on Friday afternoon at Jadwin Gymnasium.
At No. 1 singles, junior Polina Movchan (Kiev, Ukraine) battled Lindsay Graff, but Graff came away with 10-3 victory in the third set.
Sophomore Jackie AltanSarnai (Hinsdale, Ill.) and freshman Nadia Smergut (New York, N.Y.) each grinded in their singles matches before losing in straight sets.
Smergut and sophomore Louise Badoche (Paris, France) lost an 8-5 decision at No. 1 doubles.
The Seawolves (3-3) will have some time off before heading south to Florida for matches against Bethune-Cookman and Florida Tech.
Princeton 7, Stony Brook 0
1. Graff/Hahn (PU) def. Smergut/Badoche (SBU) 8-5
2. Wolff/Muliawan (PU) def. Movchan/AltanSarnai (SBU) 8-3
3. Joyce/Tang (PU) def. Osabuohien/Shtilkind (SBU) 8-2
1. Lindsay Graff (PU) def. Polina Movchan (SBU) 3-6, 6-4, 10-3
2. Emily Hahn (PU) def. Adey Osabuohien (SBU) 6-0, 6-1
3. Alanna Wolff (PU) def. Jackie AltanSarnai (SBU) 7-5, 6-0
4. Dorothy Tang (PU) def. Nadia Smergut (SBU) 7-5, 6-2
5. Sivan Krems (PU) def. Louise Badoche (SBU) 6-1, 6-1
6. Caroline Joyce (PU) def. Cassandra Dix (SBU) 6-0, 6-3