Sept. 11, 2012
PRIORE'S WEEKLY TELECONFERENCE
Charlotte, N.C. -
In this week's Big South football teleconference, Stony Brook head coach Chuck Priore recaps the Pace game and looks ahead to Syracuse and the challenges that the Seawolves will face playing in the Carrier Dome.
- "Saturday's game was very fulfilling for us. A lot of guys had the chance to experience game situations. The ability to play a lot of guys creates depth and boosts their confidence should we call their number in the future."
Looking ahead to Syracuse
- "Syracuse presents a number of challenges this week. First off, they really played USC hard. They had 28 first downs and held USC to 17. As for playing on the road against a talented 0-2 team, it will be a difficult task. We're going to have to handle the change in speed. It comes down to a number of variables, including the number of scholarships (85 to 63), special teams and overall depth. I think we're going to get a very good idea of where we stand as a team."
- "We're going to worry about what we can control. We're focus on what we do well, which is running the ball."
- "Their quarterback (Ryan Nassib) has had a terrific start to the season. We're going to try to keep him in the pocket and not let him make plays with his legs. We're going to play sound football and force him to make mistakes."
- "These games are especially good for us in terms of recruiting. Our guys look forward to the opportunity to play up."
Saturday's game will be televised live on Time Warner Cable Sports in Syracuse and locally on SNY. Fans will be able to watch the game on ESPN3.com.