Nov. 30, 2013
2013-14 Stony Brook Men's Basketball
Stony Brook, N.Y. - After not one, but two trips to the Midwest, the #Seawolves are back at home for a Sunday afternoon affair with St. Francis Brooklyn, looking to extend their Pritchard Gymnasium winning streak to 14 games.
Fans coming to the game can help donate to a great cause as the athletics department is collecting new, unwrapped toys for its second annual Stuff-A-Bus day, when student-athletes, coaches and administrators will deliver toys to pediatric patients at the Stony Brook Cancer Center.
|Game 8 Matchup - Sunday, Dec. 1
|Stony Brook (5-2) vs. St. Francis Brooklyn (4-3)
|Pritchard Gymnasium • Stony Brook, N.Y. • 2 p.m.
(WUSB 90.1 FM)
Stony Brook #Seawolves (5-2, 0-0 America East)
Head Coach: Steve Pikiell, ninth season
Overall Record: 130-146
Record at SBU: 125-128
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers (4-3, 0-0 NEC)
Head Coach: Glenn Braica, fourth season
Overall Record: 46-51
Record at SFBK: same
About the Game
- Stony Brook looks to extend its winning streak to three games and protect home court as it hosts St. Francis Brooklyn.
- This is just the third all-time meeting between the two teams that both reside on Long Island. The series is tied 1-1 with the #Seawolves winning last season 77-61. This is the Terriers' first-ever appearance at Stony Brook.
- Stony Brook has won 13 consecutive home games and 28 out of the last 29 at Pritchard Gymnasium.
- Jameel Warney was in #BeastMode last weekend, earning 2KSports Classic Detroit subregional MVP honors after averaging 24.0 points and 14.3 rebounds.
- Stony Brook is in the top two in America East in scoring offense, free throw %, field goal %, field goal % defense, 3-point field goal % and 3-point field goal % defense.
- The #Seawolves are coming off their best season in their Div. I program history, rocking 25 wins, an America East regular season championship and an NIT victory.
Scouting St. Francis Brooklyn
- The Terriers are 4-3 to start the season and have upset wins over Miami (Fla.) and Oakland while also taking Syracuse down to the wire at the Carrier Dome.
- St. Francis Brooklyn returned four starters from last season's team that finished eighth in the NEC. The team was picked to finish seventh this season by the coaches.
- Jalen Cannon, who scored 14 vs. Stony Brook last season, is on pace to become a 1,000-point, 1,000-rebound player for the Terriers. He is averaging 15.4 points and 8.1 rebounds this season. He had 14 and 10 in the win over Miami.
If Stony Brook Wins...
- The #Seawolves will be 6-2, matching the program's best eight-game start in its Div. I history (2012-13, 2009-10).
- The #Seawolves will improve to 2-1 against St. Francis Brooklyn and 10-10 all-time vs. the NEC.
- Stony Brook will extend its home winning streak to 14 games and 29 of the last 30.