Nov. 7, 2013
2013-14 Stony Brook Men's Basketball
Stony Brook, N.Y. - The wait is over. Stony Brook Basketball is back in action, beginning Friday night vs. Marist at 8 p.m. The #Seawolves return four starters from last season's squad that was the best in the program's Div. I history. What will they do for an encore? Come to the games and find out.
"Today, Stony Brook is becoming a force in collegiate athletics."
- Kevin Doyle, NBCSports.com
|Game 1 Matchup
|Stony Brook (0-0) vs. Marist (0-0)
|Pritchard Gymnasium 8 p.m.
|TICKETS - CALL 631-632-WOLF
(Champions 96.9 & 107.1 FM)
(Tune In Radio App)
Stony Brook #Seawolves (0-0, 0-0 America East)
Head Coach: Steve Pikiell, ninth season
Overall Record: 125-144
Record at SBU: 120-126
Marist Red Foxes (0-0, 0-0 MAAC)
Head Coach: Jeff Bower, first season
Overall Record: 0-0
Record at Marist: same
About the Game
- Stony Brook opens the 2013-14 season at home vs. Marist, a rematch of last year's season opener.
- This is the sixth all-time meeting between the two teams, and Stony Brook leads the series 3-2.
- Stony Brook was 4-0 against MAAC teams last season.
- Stony Brook is coming off its best season in its Div. I program history, rocking 25 wins, an America East regular season championship and a national postseason victory.
- Eight letterwinners and four starters return for the #Seawolves, including All-America East guard Dave Coley and America East Rookie of the Year and All-America East forward Jameel Warney.
- The Red Foxes were 10-21 overall and 6-12 in the MAAC last season.
- Marist returns 11 letterwinners and four starters from last season's squad, including All-MAAC performers Adam Kemp (10.4 PPG, 8.6 RPG) and Chavaughn Lewis (16.7 PPG, 5.7 RPG).
- Marist's new head coach is Jeff Bower, former head coach and general manager of the NBA's New Orleans Hornets (now Pelicans).
- Stony Brook is Marist's only America East opponent this season. Last season, Marist was 1-2 against the conference.
If Stony Brook Wins...
The Last Meeting
November 9, 2012
Brenton, Coley lift men's hoops to 60-57 win at Marist
Senior Tommy Brenton had 12 points, 11 rebounds and five assists, and junior Dave Coley had seven points in the final 3:25 to lead the Stony Brook men's basketball team to a 60-57 road victory over Marist Friday night at McCann Arena.
- The #Seawolves will win their season opener for the second consecutive season and fifth time under head coach Steve Pikiell.
- Stony Brook will extend its home winning streak to 11 games.
- The #Seawolves will win their sixth consecutive game against a MAAC opponent.