Feb. 7, 2014
2013-14 Stony Brook Men's Basketball
STAY CONNECTED WITH OUR MOBILE APP: iPHONE | ANDROID
Stony Brook, N.Y. - Stony Brook, winners of eight of its last nine games, takes a 23-game home conference winning streak into Saturday's clash with New Hampshire. Game time at Pritchard Gymnasium is 2 p.m.
Saturday, Stony Brook is celebrating Wolfie's Birthday! All fans who attend the game will receive FREE cupcakes and tasty treats at halftime.
Saturday's game will air nationally on ESPN3.
|Game 25 Matchup - Saturday, Feb. 8
|Stony Brook (17-7) vs. New Hampshire (5-17)
|Pritchard Gymnasium Stony Brook, N.Y. 2 p.m.
(Champions 96.9/107.1 FM)
Stony Brook #Seawolves (17-7, 9-1 America East)
Head Coach: Steve Pikiell, ninth season
Overall Record: 142-151
Record at SBU: 137-133
New Hampshire Wildcats (5-17, 3-6 America East)
Head Coach: Bill Herrion, ninth season
Overall Record: 336-335
Record at UNH: 99-164
About the Game
- The #Seawolves, winners of eight of their last nine games, defend their home conference winning streak of 23 games Saturday against a tough New Hampshire squad.
- This is the 28th all-time meeting between the two teams. UNH leads the seriers 14-13, but Stony Brook has won the last seven matchups, including the last four played at Pritchard.
- This is a matchup of the top two defenses in America East according to field goal percentage (UNH - 40.2%, SB - 40.7%).
- Ahmad Walker was recently featured on ESPN SportsCenter's Top 10 Plays.
- Over the last five games, Eric McAlister is averaging 7.8 points and 7.6 rebounds while shooting 66.7%.
Scouting New Hampshire
- The Wildcats have overcome a 13-game losing streak to win three of their last seven games, including victories over UMBC, Albany and UMass Lowell.
- While UNH's defense is one of the best in the conference, the offense has struggled to the tune of only 57.2 points a game. The team has failed to eclipse 60 points in 12 of its 22 games.
- After missing time due to injury, Chris Pelcher has brought energy on both ends of the court. Since returning four games ago, he is averaging 11.3 points, 8.5 rebounds and 3.8 blocks. If he qualified, he'd be leading the conference in rebounding and blocks.
If Stony Brook Wins...
- Stony Brook will extend its winning streak over New Hampshire to eight games.
- The #Seawolves will improve to 10-1 in America East for the second time in program history (2011-12).
- Stony Brook will extend its home conference winning streak to 24 games, which would continue to be the third-longest active streak in the country.
- Head Coach Steve Pikiell will tie Joe Castigle (1984-91) for most coaching wins in program history (138).
The Last Meeting
December 15, 2013
#Seawolves shoot and defend their way past UNH, 67-48
The Stony Brook men's basketball team knocked down 10 three-pointers and dominated on the boards by a plus-18 margin as the #Seawolves defeated New Hampshire, 67-48, Sunday in the America East opener at Lundholm Gymnasium. Sophomore Carson Puriefoy (Wenonah, N.J.) led a balanced Stony Brook offense with 15 points, one of four players with at least eight points.