Feb. 3, 2014
2013-14 Stony Brook Men's Basketball
STAY CONNECTED WITH OUR MOBILE APP: iPHONE | ANDROID
Vestal, N.Y. - Having won seven of its last eight games and looking to stay hot, the #Seawolves hit the road for a Tuesday night game at Binghamton, a SUNY rival that Stony Brook has defeated eight straight times. The game will emanate from the Events Center at 7 p.m.
Tuesday's game will air nationally on ESPN3.
|Game 24 Matchup - Tuesday, Feb. 4
|Stony Brook (16-7) vs. Binghamton (4-18)
|Events Center Vestal, N.Y. 7 p.m.
Stony Brook #Seawolves (16-7, 8-1 America East)
Head Coach: Steve Pikiell, ninth season
Overall Record: 141-151
Record at SBU: 136-133
Binghamton Bearcats (4-18, 1-8 America East)
Head Coach: Tommy Dempsey, second season
Overall Record: 214-162
Record at Binghamton: 7-45
About the Game
- The #Seawolves, winners of seven of their last eight games, look to stay hot on the road against SUNY rival Binghamton.
- This is the 60th all-time meeting between the two teams. Stony Brook has beaten Binghamton in eight straight matchups and leads the all-time series 34-25.
- Stony Brook had its best defensive effort of the year in its last meeting against Binghamton, holding the Bearcats to 31.8% shooting, only 47 points scored and out-rebounding them 38-20.
- Dave Coley scored 20 points in the last meeting against Binghamton.
- The #Seawolves have been +10 in rebounding margin in nine of their last 13 games.
- Stony Brook is 15-1 this season when leading at halftime.
- The Bearcats, picked to finish seventh in America East, have dropped their last seven games and have scored over 60 points just twice in that span.
- Shooting has been a problem for the Bearcats, who are just 38% from the field this season.
- Despite the struggles, Binghamton's best efforts have come from its freshmen and sophomores, including leading scorer Jordan Reed (14.0 PPG) and two-time Rookie of the Week Marlon Beck. In fact, Binghamton's top five scorers are all either freshmen or sophomores.
- Yosef Yacob has led the Bearcats in scoring in five of the last seven games, averaging 13.9 points during the span.
- Binghamton has struggled with defense in the second half; the Bearcats are allowing opponents to shoot 51.7% in the second half during the last seven games.
If Stony Brook Wins...
- Stony Brook will extend its winning streak over Binghamton to nine games.
- The #Seawolves will improve to 9-1 in America East for the third time in program history (2012-13, 2011-12).
The Last Meeting
January 15, 2014
Stony Brook, N.Y.
#Seawolves dominant on glass, outmuscle Binghamton, 67-47
Senior Dave Coley (Brooklyn, N.Y.) reached the 20-point mark for the second straight game, and the Stony Brook men's basketball team was plus-18 on the boards as the #Seawolves outmuscled Binghamton, 67-47, Wednesday night at Pritchard Gymnasium.